Saturday, February 28, 2009

Becoming (my) mother

Oh My Gosh. I just did such a mom thing. I pulled the last tissue from the box, and as I got up to put the box in the recycle bin I thought, "No. Save it. The baby might want to play with this later."

So. Either I am super cheap when it comes to baby toys- or thrifty, depending on your outlook - OR I'm about to be a massive clutterer. No matter how you spin it, I finally understand why my mother kept all of the paper towel and wrapping paper rolls. Ahem. I mean, I now know why my mother kept all of those kaleidoscopes and play swords..

3 comments:

Amy said...

They are the best toys ever. When your little one gets a new toy it takes forever to get it out of the box and then they end up playing with the box not the toy.

Patty said...

LOL! That's so funny. But really and truly babies love boxes.

Unknown said...

I think we all come to the realization at one time or another that we are slowly becoming our mothers. I told Spencer the other day that I couldn't wait for him to one day have a teenager of his own so I could sit back and laugh at the attitude he was sure to be getting from his child (flashback to my mother yelling that same thing to me when I was his age!)