Wednesday, March 11, 2009

9 Months

Dear Jack B'Hat,
You are nine months old today!

As I speak you are beside your changing table pulling yourself up from kneeling to standing and you are flinging (clean) diapers around the room. You are now opening the sealed package of diapers but (SMACK) you bonked your noggin on the shelf above the diapers because you reached too far. You are now taking this out on the Diaper Genie II- yelling at it and smacking it in frustration. Can't. Wait. until those teenage years..

Anywho, this is, in a nutshell, descriptive of how the last month went. You continue to get into stuff you shouldn't be in then bump into pieces of furniture in your over-zealousness to be most curious (read destructive), and of course, then you are ticked at everyone else for your misfortune. Hmm. Welcome to our country, kid.

Some things worthy of note:

1. You can C.R.A.W.L. And you do. Everywhere.

2. Yesterday Auntie Christine came over to play and you did something new. I at first thought you were having some sort of stroke, but then I realized you were trying to lick the leftover mushy peas off of your own chest. It reminded me of how Bagel Cat would try to clean his back side, but just twisted funny and licked in the direction of his butt. You were fairly successful at licking old food off of your own shirt, I suppose, but beware: Auntie Christine plans on telling this story to your first girlfriend.. After I show her those adorable bath-time pictures!

3. You continue add to the constant string of illness this year. You again had the stomach bug and are rounding off the month with a cold. You did sleep through the night five times in a row, and just when D addy and I breathed a sigh of relief, you started waking up again. Last night you cried from 2:00-4:00 AM. It doesn't help that I'm sick too right now, so unfortunately Daddy got the brunt of it all.

4. You went to your first Stars game. After you got over being startled by all of the lights and sounds, you settled in and focused on stealing people's drink straws. We made some new friends..

5. You still don't have any new teeth, but we think you are getting some. Nanny says you crawl after Baby Caroline who is only slight faster and more dexterous than you. But you always catch her and then give her a zombie kiss. Now that you have teeth, it makes her cry. Nanny says we have to stop playing zombie baby for this reason. That makes me cry.

6. I spent three nights away from you this month. It was both bliss and torture. Bliss because I regained some of my freedom from before you filled my life with your wonderful (all consuming) presence. Torture because I missed you SO MUCH. I showed the video of you crawling to everyone who would watch and to a couple of squirrels. But we both survived unscathed. Correction, we three survived (your Daddy watched you by himself for three nights) unscathed.
I better go make some supper for us. Again and again, I love you sweet Jack! I'm glad to be your momma! Happy nine months!

Momma

4 comments:

Amy said...

wow nine months already. he sure is a great crawler. just wait for the walking and there is more to come. happy nine months jack.

Ames said...

Oh, it sounds like there is too much FUN going on at your house! :) I enjoy reading about Jack! He is such a cutie! I would love to meet him someday! And see you too, of course. :)

Unknown said...

Wow I can't believe it's been 9 months of wonderful Jack stories. He is getting so big so fast.

Jen said...

He is so CUTE!! Is he really already NINE months?