Monday, May 11, 2009

11 Months

Dear Jack B'Hat,

You are 11 months old today! Unfortunately your going to get a shorter letter today because Momma's under the weather and is crazy tired. I'll keep it brief. Here's the stuff that happened this month:

1. You are almost walking completely by yourself. When you feel especially daring, you walk across the living room from the footstool to the couch! Several times you fall over and bonk which makes you stick out your bottom lip so far that I think "No wonder you tripped! With a lip stickin' out that far,who wouldn't?" You do not find this quip amusing in any way, form, or fashion and you proceed to wail uncontrollably until you are distracted by something shiny or a piece of cheese.



2. You no longer want your baby oatmeal. You're a toddler now, and toddlers don't eat food with the word 'baby' in front of it. You spat at the spoon if oatmeal is on it, and only want finger foods and sometimes squash. You used to eat everything, and now you only want Cheerios, veggie sticks, and berry melts. Daddy keeps telling me not to worry, that you're getting your nutrients through the formula, but telling me not to worry is like telling a flower not to wilt. It just happens.

3. All of your teeth are surfacing at once. At least it feels that way. You are getting four more right this very second. That might also be why you are picky about what you eat.

4. You've learned how to open cabinets. We installed safety locks on the doors that shut out the poisons, but the Christmas dishes are still fair game to you. There is a lot of us running to you when we hear a door open, and you crying because you're not allowed to open the door and you think we are the meanest, suckiest parents ever.



5. You ate cat food yesterday.. on Mother's Day. What a wonderful mother I am to allow you to wander off unchaperoned. When I noticed it was way too quiet, I found you shoving cat food pellets into your mouth. I dug them out and carried you to Daddy. I figured it wasn't my finest mothering moment and so it was his turn. I was glad I had a cold so that I couldn't smell the cat food on you. Casey is very tolerant.

That's about all I'm good for, today, Jack. You are growing SO fast!! You are the light of my life and I love you so much it aches! Happy 11th month, baby boy!

Love,
Momma

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy 11 months! So, what's a little cat food? My niece ate dog food...at least they're eating. Right?!?!? :)

Feel better.

Unknown said...

Happy 11 months little man!

Amy said...

Time is flying by. Wow it is almost June. How funny about the cat food. Alyce takes the dog food out of the bowl and take it to the dog. Or like today she dunked the food in his water bowl. Oh well. Hope you feel better.

Jen said...

He is getting HUGE!! So cute!! So he really likes cheese!! Yep, he's definitely your son!! Hee!! I think it's a right of passage to eat either cat or dog food!!

I can't believe he's almost ONE!! Wow!!! This year has flown!!! Love you all!!

Jen

rainbow said...

I think I finally have it figured out so I can let you know how much I enjoy reading Bug Barn. I really do not see how grandparents got along without BLOG SITES. This is great THANK YOU Ginger. You are the best MOMMA I have ever heard of and JACK and Rich are so lucky to have you in their life and ours. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!Mamaw Lyn