Monday, May 10, 2010

23 months

So here we are - 23 months.
Just shy of two.
Almost Terrible.
And so it begins…

Mom’s out of town for the weekend so here’s one from me, dear ole dad. Of course you’re not terrible – at least not yet. Maybe when you hit 13 or so. But you are exploring limits. My guess is you’re just trying to figure things out. I try not to get too upset when, after being reprimanded for banging your sippy cup against the window, you stop but immediately move six inches to the left and smack it again and then turn with a look that says “Is this OK?” “No.” So you then move six inches to the right. “How about now?”


As a result of this drive to explore, and the fact that “slow” is not a speed that exists on your transmission, you have discovered the world of scraped knees and bruises. I’m not quite sure how you managed to scrape the bridge of your nose right between your eyes. But I do think, whatever hit you, you should have seen it coming.

You also love to help with things like loading/unloading the dishwasher. Sure, when you ‘help’ it usually takes about three times longer and quite often you are helping unload when I’m trying to load or vice versa. But it’s the thought that counts, right?


























So here you are finding new exciting places to hide the remote, making random calls on the cell phone (Sorry Mrs. Kubinski), and raging against the injustice of a closed door. All I can say is fight on little man, be bold, be strong… but bed time is still 8:00.

2 comments:

rainbow said...

I seem to remember a very short time ago when someone was asking about a recount of the differant scars on a gentlemans body (that I love very much). Some you could remember the incident, others you remembered after I told you what happened and some were total new stories to you. JACK, I tell you the marks of LIFE are just starting and with your MOMMA and DADA it is going to be a GREAT LIFE enjoy every second. LOVE YA LOTS and LOTS!!!!!!!!

maria said...

This is the best post ever. Stay strong, Rich, stay strong!!