Friday, June 27, 2008

Shhhhh.

He's finally asleep. (exhale)

Jack was up all night, it seemed. Then he was up all morning and afternoon, and he was super mad. He seemed famished. I tried to feed him, over and over, if only to console him. We tried gas drops. I took him for a walk. I introduced him to plant life and flower petals. I rubbed the petals on his cheek to show him how soft purple petunias are. We sang. We danced. We rocked. And nothing seemed to work for long.

I tried to get the colic thought out of my head, and decided instead that maybe Jack is having a growth spurt. He is due for one, and he can't seem to nurse enough to be full.

But finally he is asleep and angelic. And I love him so much.

AND contrary to popular opinion, a Miller Lite and tube of Rolos are a perfect stress relieving snack.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

That happens too...the "5 S's" work for us: swaddle, side lying, swoosh, shhhh, and suck (pacifier, feeding whichever). If you want more explanation, let me know. And yea, could be a growth spurt too. Glad you found a snack that works for you too :)

Double A's Mom said...

I'm all about those kind of snacks! Heck yeah!