Thursday, December 11, 2008

6 Months

Dear Jack B'Hat,

Oh. My Gosh. We made it to 6 months. This is HUGE. Not only does it mean that your dad and I have kept you alive that long (and believe me, our track record with plants and cats isn't great), but you are happy and thriving and wonderful. Also, it is a really big deal that your dad and I are still alive and (somewhat) sane. We weren't sure on some days.
It is December (a really nice relief temperature-wise) which means that we get to come home everyday from work and have a Christmas tree lighting ceremony. You and I stand in front of the tree and have a drum roll and count down; "Five..four...three.. two..one........" and then the tree "magically" comes to life and we squeal and clap and then sing, "Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas treeeee, Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree." You're too little to sing all of the real lyrics so we just repeat the same line.. because I'm silly. But we have a great time.
And then we go to Mommy's big bed and play Zombie Baby Attack until you and I both are squealing. Zombie Baby Attack is a game where you lunge toward me with your mouth open as wide as it goes, you raise your eyebrows, and then attach yourself to my face like a big slobbery suction cup. I fall backwards flail around and groan, yelling, "Noo! Not the zombie baby. You got me!! You got me!!! arghrrhggg!!" And you laugh so hard and let go. Then we sit up and hug each other until you lunge again, this time attaching to my other cheek or my chin or even my forehead. You're crafty. But it's fun, and we love each other so much.
You and your daddy are hilarious. I often quip that I'm glad that I made a pal for your dad. He loves to hang out with you, and I don't even exist when you guys are together. But that's good. And I'm so glad that you are friends. He really has taken such good care of you, especially since you've been sick. He wants to hang out with you all of the time, but we both have to work right now. But maybe someday.

Here are some things that have happened for you this month:

* You can sit up
* You went on your first major road trip
* You tried your first baby food (squash - you LOVE it)
* You had your first stomach virus (scared me to death) and it took you 2 1/2 weeks to get over it

* You got your first tooth (bottom right) and more are coming

*You decorated your first Christmas tree and I made my first Jack ornament the way that Momo made them for me.

I love you. I'm so glad I'm your momma. You need to know that I will always love you, no matter what. I'm especially sappy because this week has been tough at work, and there are things that have happened that make me need to hold you close. You are my baby - you will always be, and I want what's best for you no matter what. I love you, Jack.
Momma

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy 6th months Jack!! Ginger I love these posts! They are so sweet! I love the singing Oh Christmas Tree!! Jack is going to have so many fun traditions!

I am glad to hear Jack is feeling better!!

Love you both!!

Jen

Amy said...

Wow already six months old.

He is getting so big and is way cute.