Tuesday, December 23, 2008

More sickness! So soon?!

Sick again, sick again. Baby Jack is sick again. This time he has a major cold. Poor Baby has enough mucous to fill up an entire nation which means he can't breathe through his nose because it's stuffy, he can't breathe through his mouth because it makes him cough; he can't eat for the two above reasons, and he can't sleep.

We're doing everything we can think of: Elevating his head, saline nasal drops, Vicks Baby on the chest, back, and neck (and even on the feet because I heard that helps), humidifier (which nearly burned the house down), distraction, etc.

If Jack actually gets to sleep, he wakes up every couple of hours from not being able to sleep. When he's awake, he is constantly crying or moaning. Poor kid.

I'm trying not to be angry about the fact that he just got over the stomach bug and now he's hit again. I'm trying not to think about how long this will last. I am trying to pretend that Rich and I are immune to it all and we won't be the next victims. I'm trying not to think about the fact that this is Christmas break and at least we have that so we're not missing more school, but that it is supposed to be a "break," NOT like the Thanksgiving one when we had to tend to the stomach bug.

I think I'll go try and lay down some more. Jack is tucked in with Rich right now. Rich has his arm under Jack's head to keep the mucous flowing south. If I didn't know how uncomfortable and tired they both are, I would think it was a really sweet scene.

I am grateful for Rich who has a higher lack of sleep tolerance than me. And for the fact that none of us has to do this alone.

Please get well, Baby Jack. Please. Soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you poor guys having to go through another illness so soon after the last one. I'll keep you all in my prayers for a speedy recovery and time for rest. Hang in there!

Amy said...

Oh poor little Jack. I just went through that with Alyce.