Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's not over.

The baby still isn't better.

I don't know what to do.

In addition to the explosive diarrhea, Jack is having an allergic reaction to __something__. I'm not exactly sure what's causing it. In the last week we've introduced yogurt (at the doctors suggestion), sensitive wipes for the diaper rash, and a new lotion for the horrible eczema. Rich is also having a reaction on his hands from changing the baby so much which tells me that it is probably the wipes. I haven't had a reaction other than I am so tired, and it is excruciating to hear Jack be so miserable. Jack hates having his clothes changed, and now we have to change him 3 and 4 times a day and usually one pajama change in the night because his diaper can't contain it all. It has been a week and a half of this. Poor baby!!!

And Poor Momma and Daddy. Apart form the extra loads of laundry and having to miss so much work, we are just nervous wrecks. What's happening to our kid? The doc says, "Wait it out."

Enough, already!

I'm taking another sick day tomorrow to stay home with Jack and Rich is taking Friday for another doctor appointment (6 month shots). I guess we'll have to farkle for the middle days if this continues for another week..

10 comments:

Happy Fun Pants said...

I am so sorry that you guys are still struggling with this.

I'm not a mom - but do you know anyone else that has ever gone through this? Does your doctor?

I just hate this for all three of you.

Love you...

Unknown said...

Having a doctor tell you to wait it out while clearly your baby is miserable is not an easy task. It's easy for them to say that because they don't have to go through the misery you're going through. The most important thing for Jack right now is keeping him hydrated. You need to follow your mommy instincts and do what you feel is best for your baby. Good luck and keep us posted. I'll keep Jack and both you and Rich in my prayers.

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! POOR Baby Jack!! Like Anne said I am not a mom but have you thought about a 2nd opinion? It doesn't seem normal to me but then again I don't know! I agree with Bonnie too keep him hydrated and follow your mommy instinct!

Love you guys!! You all will definitely be in my prayers!!

Hope you feel better soon baby Jack!!

Love you,

Auntie Jen

Double A's Mom said...

Poor thing! Sometimes I'm not sure what doctors are good for because, I swear, the last few sick appointments that I've made for Aaron, I have come away with nothing except "Wait it out" every time.

Also, the reaction on Rich's hands sounds exactly like what happened to me when Aaron was about two months old. I bought all the lavender "calming" products (yeah, right) like baby wash, wipes, etc. and it turns out I'm allergic to that junk. So hopefully switching to the sensitive wipes will help even just a little bit.

Jen said...

Baby Jack has a little something over on my blog!!

Amy said...

Ginger I am so sorry to hear about Jack. I had to call my doctor because I was dealing with constipation issues. It was so hard to like you said with Jack to see Alyce scream in pain and her tummy was so hard. I asked the doctor for help and everything he was telling me was stuff I had already done. I do love my doctor and he great it is just hard at times.

Alyce is finally having some bowel movements. I just had to wait it out and I did not like that at all.

We wish all of you the best and hope everyone gets back to normal real soon.

I wish I lived closer to you so I could take care of baby Jack so you guys would not miss work.
((((Hugs)))

Erin said...

I'm so sorry baby Jack is sick. That stinks. My youngest (now 2) went through about 2 weeks of diarrhea (sorry) and it finally cleared up. And I agree with everyone else, if you're not liking what that doc says, get a second opinion!

maria said...

Hang in there, Ginger. And Rich. I wish we could spell you for a while. I'll be praying for strength for you, and for deep, deep rest when you do get it.

Deidra said...

Ginger I don't have to read everyones comments so sorry if I repeat this from someone else but if you get rubber pamper covers they are really good about keeping the poo contained even if it is runny. They have elastic bands around the legs and the top. I got them for Zack because he always would pee out of the diaper. It will keep you from having to change his clothes everytime you change him. Just a suggestion. Hope he gets to feeling better. Praying for you all Dee

Deidra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.