Saturday, September 13, 2008

Halloween is only a month away!

I am REALLY excited about Jack's first Halloween. That said, I am aware that he will not remember it at all, but I am also aware that in the distant future when Jack is on a first date with a person who might possibly be "The One," an interesting anecdote he can share that will give his date great insight into his psychoses personality will be the story of what his mom dressed him as on his very first Halloween. It will be during that conversation when Jack's date will make a decision about whether or not she will marry into this family or whether she will run for the hills screaming and tearing at her hair. No pressure, though.

I thought I'd run some ideas by you to help me decide. You may vote (if I've set it up correctly) in the sidebar and you may vote for more than one costume. Here are the choices:


peanut
car freshener

tootsie roll

turtle
woopie cushion

Elvis


Or feel free to make a suggestion.. (that does not involve medication for me).

**Considerations: One of the costumes has no arm holes and Jack, as I've explained before, is a thumb sucker. That could be a potential problem. Also, if Jack were to get the turtle costume, he more than likely would model it better than that lazy kid in the picture. Seriously. Perk up, kid.

Also note that I am not obligated to choose any of these. By Halloween we may decide that Jack is going as a baby in a onesie, depending on our exhaustion levels. But I think Rich will still try to take him trick-or-treating. And afterwards he will do his fatherly duty and "check" all of the candy to make sure it is safe.

9 comments:

Ginger said...

Charlie Brown? He's got the head for it..
And yeah. I DID just make a suggestion on my own post.

Chelle said...

I can't vote because they are all hysterical! The woopie cushion made me laugh out loud, but then, would people try to sit on him? That would be bad, very bad indeed.

Whatever you decide, and I am clearly being useless on your decision making process, he will be fabulous!

Zoe gets to be a pumpkin...a friend bought the outfit on clearance last year. Works for me, the less money I spend, the better.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

If this is going to be the litmus test for any future dates or possible spouses, I say the whoopie cushion. Without a doubt.

If she laughs and thinks it's awesome, you'll know she's your girl.

rich said...

Make no mistake. Whatever costume our boy wears, he’s a whoopee cushion. If you squeeze him you get a toot. Maybe he should be the tootsie roll?

Mark said...

these pictures are too cute and you're all nuts over there, yes siree. hope the storm didn't hit you too badly?

Kirsten Foti said...

Whoopie cushion!

Nick was a kitty cat for his first Halloween. Tess was a duck.

Happy Fun Pants said...

Oh my gosh - those are so funny! I love the car freshener, but wouldn't want him to not be able to poke himself in the eye. I mean, the kid's got rights!

You are hilarious and I love that they have funny costumes out there.

LBelle said...

I love Rich's comment! LOL

I voted for the tootsie roll, Ron voted for the turtle, and Rachel voted for the "Christmas Tree."

Please let us know which of these or something else you choose....

Bobby was a hershey's kiss and Ron has never forgiven me for it.

Christine said...

If you want to let him pretend to be normal (like the assumption there?), the turtle costume is really cute. But... the whoopee cushion is AWESOME. And, according to Rich, quite appropriate, which will make for GREAT pre-date embarrassment. (Sorry, kid. Mum and Dad are earning that right.)

Whatever you pick, that kid is TOO CUTE. Even if he does growl at me every time I hold him. Hey... how about a lion? :)