Saturday, September 27, 2008

Laughing Jack!

I didn't get a picture of it because I was so excited, but my Baby Jack B'Hat laughed on purpose for the first time last night!!

I say "on purpose" because there were times when he was sleeping his Moses basket by the side of our bed when in the middle of the night we would hear a slow, maniacal,"he he he," coming from the basket which would interrupt our REM cycles and scare the living bejeezus out of us to the point that we were afraid to look in on Jack, unsure of what we'd find.* So, we would respond by raising our eyebrows at one another and nervously snicker back, both of us thinking, "What the hell was that? Is that normal? Should we pray?"

Anywho.
Jack gave us several genuine laughs last night! And it was so awesome! And I immediately interrupted the football game, grabbed the game announcer's mic and shouted for all of the town to hear, "Did you hear it?! Listen! He's doing it again! My kid is laughing and he's adorable and I"M HIS MOMMA!!!" And the crowd, stunned at first, started a slow clap - when they realized the magnatude of what I had just said - that ended in wild cheers and handshakes! And there were streamers and glitter, and I was lifted on some shoulders and there was a parade!
OK, it wasn't that dramatic. I only made the declaration to Rich..
But still! It was enthusiastic.
Excuse me while I post the (real) details for posterity's sake:

Who: Momma, Daddy, and Jack

What: Jack genuinely laughs outloud for the first time

When: September 26, 2008

Where: Colt football game during the 2nd quarter, in the stands

Why: Momma was telling baby Jack about a kid who was playing in the game, but who was absent in class today and how that was a bad idea...ineligibility... missing class is bad... Beowulf assignment... book shortage...31 kids...blocked schedule..chicken minis..free antennae cow..blah blah blah..


And Jack thought it was hilarious!


*And on a side note, it isn't wise to google the words, "possessed and baby" on the same line. Seriously Mom. Don't look.
** And holy shit! (because, seriously, that's what we'll classify the article as) I do not believe one word in that crazy-ass Bible thumpin' thumb bitin' story. I linked it for humor's sake ONLY, and though I laughed, I was also horrified! But also, I now know never to travel to North Dakota. Phew. That was a close one.

6 comments:

Jen said...

You have to capture it on Video!!

Christine said...

That site you linked to is HILARIOUS. I'm pretty sure it's a joke... but it is REALLY well done if it is!

Ginger said...

I'll try, Jen, but I haven't heard it since!

Fougs - yes, it is a joke site, but DAMN. It is also very, very wrong.. and funny.

rich said...

That baby's laugh is magic. Sure he hasn't done it since, but we'll hear it more eventually. But about the link, it is egregiously wrong and must be fixed. If a demon possessed baby ever bites off your finger never never never let someone put it in their mouth. There’s a million germs in there. You’d just be asking for infection after reattachment.

Ginger said...

Yeah. I'm not Dr. House or anything, but I'm pretty sure you're right, Rich. I'll keep that in mind if I ever have to do any appendage retrieval.

Also, I should add that the site is too well written to be real. If anyone is stupid enough to have a faith such as that (and I'm not saying those folks don't exist), they probably cannot write in complete sentences. Just sayin'..

Elena said...

I cannot stop laughing... Oh my god, that was awesome. Really made my day at the gospel record label (irony? I love it!)! Whoo...good stuff, good stuff.