Monday, July 14, 2008

Momma's alright, Daddy's alright. They're both just a little weird. Surrender..

The first toy that Rich bought Jack, before he was born, was a little plastic swimming frog - one of those that you wind up and it kicks and paddles in the water. Very nostalgic and retro fabulous!

The first toys that Jack received from his momma were two artistic finger puppets: one of Claude Monet and the other, Vincent van Gogh.










Finger Puppet Monet: (In a French accent) Oh ho. I see that you do not appreciate my water lilies, Vincent van Gogh (spat), you silly little know nothing boy.

Finger Puppet van Gogh: Yes, you smelly old man. They make me want to cut off my own ear, they are so overdone! (Pulling out his paint brush) On guard!

(and so on)

And Oh. My. Gosh. This site has finger puppets of everyone: from Dorothy Parker to Leif Eriksson, from Shiva to the Buddha, and Geronimo to Freud! I'm not kidding! We could reenact the Renaissance or have politic0-religio conversations for hours upon hours! Because that's what kids love. Oh the fun to be had!!

Get used to the sarcasm, kid.

By the way, Rich actually blogged! Check it out!

1 comment:

Happy Fun Pants said...

I have been laughing at this site all morning. SO FUNNY! :)

I even ordered the Jesus, the Ghandi, and the Mandela puppet. Just because I think that is hilarious. :)