Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whatever you do, do NOT laugh..

May I just say that it is really, really difficult to stifle a laugh when your newborn son has two major diaper blow-outs within hours of each other while sitting in his daddy's lap. In fact, I've recently learned that the worst thing a wife can do is laugh, or smile.. or cheer. Jack was so efficient in this task that it prompted Rich to exclaim "Aw Shit!" which, again, is not at all funny, even if technically it was a correct observation. It was, in fact, shit.

Poor Rich had to change his own pants twice and even had to put on new underwear. Ironically, Jack hardly soiled his own clothes, a feat that shows a remarkable talent or intelligence!
But I reiterate, this is NOT funny.

Except that it SO is!

Until it happens to me..

5 comments:

Chelle said...

It's only fair since you had to carry Jack for 9 months and birth him and all.

Hope Rich's pants have stayed clean today (snicker snicker).

Christine said...

Perfect picture... It looks like Jack's laughing at his daddy. Poor Rich.

But I laughed anyway. (Just tell Rich it's because you're such a talented writer, not because I revel in the fact that he got shat upon.)

Jen said...

That is hilarious!! Sorry Rich!

Ok I totally see Rich in Jack in this picture!! It just blows my mind how I can see both of you in him!!

He's so cute!!

LBelle said...

Great story! It IS so funny. Jack looks like he saying "howdja like that Daddy? That was a good one huh! We'll meet again tonight at 6!"

rich said...

At first I saw the poop on the boy. Then the poop on the baby blanket. Then I looked down at my lap. Sheesh kid. At least the 2nd time Ginger was back from running errands so I could just hand him off and clean myself up.