Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Victory?

Jack didn't cry last night! Hooray!!

BUT

It was a trade off. I fed him for an entire hour during prime time, and he went to sleep until 11:00, through his fit throwing time. This was just enough time for me to clean up in the kitchen and fight off the most recent siege by a battalion of sugar ants who always attempt to take over a part of my house in the summer. I imagine they are descended from the same army of ants that for years has felt oppressed by their current situation, their goal being to take back the land that was stolen from them by the horrible capitalistic landowners (aka Rich and me). Around 11:00, Jack was awake. He wasn't fussy. Just awake. Which means that mommy and daddy were awake, especially since mommy can't allow herself to sleep if she feels that daddy is having too many baby shifts. Jack ate again, slept for an hour or two, and woke up again. Rinse and Repeat.. all night long.

And now it is a gorgeous morning and I can only see it through bleary eyes. I am telling myself that being awake and tired is better than experiencing the totally annihilating wrath-o-Jack and getting to sleep when he falls exhausted.

Then again, ask me again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Awake and content baby is always better than awake and wailing. Much less stressful on Mommy!

Deidra said...

I call those stupid ants Piss ants and is just what they do piss me off. Oh hate those stupid things. Now that I am home with just the boy I find myself talking to those crazy little ants like they understand my every word. Sad I know. And I find new and entertaining ways to kill them today was with pieces of tape that I was using to tape up boxes....
Oh yea this blog is about Jack not ants glad he wasn't fussy.