Monday, August 11, 2008

2 Months

Dear Jack B'Hat,

You are two months old today! I can hardly believe how much you have grown! And I do mean physically - chubby cheeks and legs and all - but I also mean that you've grown in other ways, too. For example you recognize me, my voice especially. And although it makes people aggravated when they want your attention and I walk in the room and you turn your head to me and smile, I think it's the coolest thing in the world. Or how about when every one in the house tries to calm you down when you are fussy, and only my "magic shoulder" will do the trick. I love that.

Is it selfish for me to take pleasure in this? Maybe.. But it is wonderful to feel so important. And I feel the same way about you. When I feel fussy, all I want is to hold you. You are that important to me.

For now, we are smitten with each other, and I think it's awesome. (Note to self: remember this through the teenage years..)

This month has been extremely important. First of all, we took our first mini-road trip to see our friends the Crawleys in Copperas Cove. I learned that a. it is too hot to take road trips in Texas summers with a baby; b. you handled it better than I did; c. no one in truck stops cares enough to let an itty-bitty baby who is screaming mad because we had to stop for batteries in the middle of a long, hot road trip skip to the front of the line of 20 people to pay for said batteries. Apparently beer and cigarettes take priority, although I think I did hear one small sympathetic "oh" from an equally flustered mommy behind me. We did, however, get to visit Aunt Gagi in Waco on the way home, and she let you hang out naked in the middle of her living room floor so that you could "air out". Aunt Gagi is brave, and you love her!

Also, PawPaw came to visit this week-end and she and Daddy are tied for second place in your eyes. You love PawPaw because she likes to play all of the time, and she gives the BEST baths ever. Even I feel a little twinge of jealousy at the spa treatments she gives you.

The summer Olympics in Beijing started while she was here and we watched the opening ceremony and several of the games, though it was hard to tell if you noticed other than it provided good background noise that helps you sleep.

They say that at 2 months babies sleep through the night..

We're still working on that one.

Other than that, you smile and play and have the sweetest coo imaginable. You are starting to grab things, including Momma's hair, and you can pout bigger than any kid I've ever seen. Auntie Christine often says of that protruded lip, "Watch out kid. You're gonna trip over that thing." But it is adorable, and we can't help but giggle at you, even though we understand you are outraged and won't take it anymore! Your hair is finally coming in, and we may not get to call you Friar Jack for much longer.

But you are gorgeous, Jack. And people stop me to tell me so. You also have the sweetest temperament.

Happy 2 months, Baby.

Love you,

Momma

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ginger, I love these letters to Jack! They are just precious! I hope you continue to write them they really are special!

It cracks me up that your mom is called PawPaw! When I hear PawPaw I think of my PawPaw and he was NOTHING like your mom!!

I saw a mom and baby in Costco yesterday and was wondering if that is what Jack looks like as far as size goes, Please post more pictures I am in Jack withdrawal , even though we haven't formally met yet!!:)

Love you and Miss you!!

Jen

Jen said...

Just notice the new pictures of Flickr! I still need more so keep them coming!!

LBelle said...

G - I love your blogs. They are so entertaining, truly brilliant. And this one is so sweet.

I am sure Auntie Christine couldn't be prouder. :-) Does that make me an Auntie by default? :-)

And I bet she is jealous that she is in Canada no where near a computer right now and I get to read this sweet post to your baby before she does!

I really look forward to the day when I can meet you in person.

Renee said...

I can't wait until we are able to see you guys. Jack is the cutest!
Tell him Uncle Gerry and Aunt Renee, Bobby and Duncan love him very much. Of course we love you guys, too!

Hope to see you soon.

Chelle said...

Hope you survived your first day of Jack in daycare! I've been thinking about you!!!